Saving participants' responses to embedded data variables | XM Community
Solved

Saving participants' responses to embedded data variables

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have saved embedded data into my survey flow. Depending on the participant's responses, they receive a unique response. However, when I export my results as a CSV, the file has a column with the embedded data variable, but does not save the response each participant received. How can I save the response? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by CamM 14 January 2022, 04:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi daisyburr, it might be helpful if you can provide a little more detail as to the issue you're experiencing, but I'll have a go at answering based on my assumptions from reading your post...
I'm guessing that your ultimate goal is for the embedded data field is intended to contain the unique response value shown to the recipient. You've added the embedded data field into the survey flow, but are not seeing any values being stored into this embedded data field when a completed survey response is captured (i.e. if you look at the survey response in the Data & Analysis tab, the value is blank). Assuming this is correct, then it sounds like you may be defining the embedded data field within your survey flow, but failing to set its value. Check out this article for more information on how to set the embedded data value in survey flow.
If this doesn't really answer your question, then perhaps try to provide some additional detail/context and the community will be able to better assist.
Cheers,
Cameron

Badge +1

Thanks CamM! You understood the issue perfectly. I appreciate you pointing out how I could have described the issue in more detail. In addition to setting the value I had to navigate to Data & Analysis > Tools > Choose Columns > Embedded Data > "Winner" to export what each participant saw.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi daisyburr - no problems at all and I'm glad to see you managed to solve your issue. Don't forget to mark your question as answered as that will help others with similar issues in the future.
Cheers,
Cameron

Leave a Reply