Scoring Involving Randomized Blocks | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, I am trying to add scoring after each question. There are 8 different scoring categories. I have a nested randomized scoring structure for my survey (see image). I have found that I am able to get the scoring feature to work if I only create the categories within one randomizer (e.g., just creating categories for each “4 Answers” block). However, if I create all 8 categories, the scoring feature no longer works, meaning the survey doesn’t show whether the participant got the question right or wrong. Does anyone know a fix for this? Please let me know if there are any details I should add.

Hi @kchristhilf, I need more detail here. How to you set-up your 4-categories Score and 8-Categories Score

Hi @dxconnamnguyen, I have all my scoring categories set up to show scoring summary after each question. Each category corresponds to a question block. When using 8 categories, this means each block corresponds to a scoring category. When using 4 categories, I only created scoring categories for each of the “4 Answers” blocks. My goal is for survey participants to see, for each question they complete, whether they got the answer right or wrong.

My goal is for survey participants to see, for each question they complete, whether they got the answer right or wrong.

You only need 1 scoring category. At that catergory, put 1 point in your right answers at all question and set up to show it after each question.

That works, thank you!

@kchristhilf Happy to help

Leave a Reply