Survey loading times | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear All,
I have been experiencing issues with survey loading times. Periodically, upon opening a survey it becomes stuck on the loading screen. It is only once I refresh the page that its contents are displayed within milliseconds. However, participants may not consider refreshing the page, causing a substantial increase in missing data.

The problem occurs across a range of devices, browsers, surveys, and users. As such, I am confident that the issue is not specific to me. Following the suggestion to clean cache and cookies did not prevent the issue from occurring. Moreover, this is hardly relevant to applied research contexts as informing participants to clean cache and cookies periodically seems unpractical.

Are other people experiencing this issue, and what steps can be taken to circumvent this?

I'm assuming that Qualtrics support sent you here? I haven't noticed anything like this consistently or recently in my organization's surveys. I would make sure to rule something in the survey causing this problem, like a question with a lot of complicated logic. Also make sure that the survey link is being opened from different access points (i.e., not all from the same office). You might consider sharing it here for others to test out.

Do you have any custom javascript or complicated logic flows in your surveys?
I've seen loading times being impacted, sometimes significantly, due to these.
You should only have to clear the cache/cookies if you are testing using the published link on the same browser. If you're facing this with the preview link also, then perhaps reorganizing the survey may help.

Leave a Reply