Survey saying completed when incorrect password or ID put in | XM Community
Question

Survey saying completed when incorrect password or ID put in

Badge +1

Hi All,

My survey uses student ID and DOB e.g. 1234567 and 0101200

Which works perfectly for those who put the correct details in. But for those who don’t, then get the first error message saying unable to log you in with details or words to that effect. Then a message appears to say if they make the same error again, that they have completed the survey. Is there a way to avoid this until they details are inputted correctly.

When I export the data, it says it 100% complete so then not allowing them to get sent another reminder to complete. I have to go on and delete the response for those who don’t get in contat with me, and send a retake to those who do.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @UniSurveys,

If someone enters wrong information, the Authenticator stops them from finishing the survey. But if they keep entering it wrong, Qualtrics might think they're done/completed survey. To stop this, you can let them try again by turning on and setting up ‘Maximum Authentication Attempts’.

This way, they can fix mistakes until it's right. But remember, if they don't fix it, their response will be incomplete in the data export. You may need to delete these incomplete responses yourself.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Yes, that would help. I don’t want them to have a maximum, I want them to keep trying until they realise what they are doing wrong and get to log on.  Just need to find where that is in the survey so I can update it asap…. taken a quick look but not obvious!

But thank you :)

Badge +1

found it!

Leave a Reply