Ticketing based of embedded data | XM Community
Question

Ticketing based of embedded data

• 27 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I have embedded data set up on my contacts as tickets need to go to multiple different rep managers. We have client rep managers and provider rep managers, I have set their names as the Q_TicketOwner accordingly (a contact can only ever be a client OR a provider)

Here is where I am missing something... I’ve entered it on the ticket data as shown here in red, but what am I supposed to put for the Owner up at the top? Right now all the tickets are going to this person even though I’ve added Q_TicketOwner to the ticket data section. 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @kgillis,

Currently, only a Qualtrics user can be designated as a ticket owner. In your situation, I recommend creating two users: one for the client representative manager and one for the provider representative manager. During ticket setup, establish conditions to determine which user should receive the ticket based on distinguishing data. Then, set up two ticketing workflows: one for the client representative manager and another for the provider representative manager. If there are numerous users, consider creating a group email ID for efficiency.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

All of my reps are qualtrics users, and their embedded names are in the same format as their names on their Qualtrics user accounts @Sachin Nandikol 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

You'll need to add the email of the representative in the Owner field. If there are multiple representatives, it's advisable to create a single group email for all and add it to the Owner field.

Badge +4

For what it’s worth, @kgillis, I did this same thing today another way without touching Survey Flow.

First, I created an SDS file that contains two columns:

1. Location (which matches the response options for a Location self-select demo in the survey)
  2. Username of the person intended to receive tickets for each location.

Next, I created a Lookup task in a workflow that points to this SDS file and returns Username based on the Location selected in the survey.

Then, I created a Ticket task in which in the the Ticket Data section next to Q_TicketOwner, using the dropdown I told the system to equate this value to the Username field from the previous Lookup task.

Leave a Reply