Two Sections of Survey Completed by Different People | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Two Sections of Survey Completed by Different People

I have a PDF form I'd like to do away with, and have as a Qualtrics survey instead. It's for PhD committee members to tell me the student passed part of their qualifying exams.
The student would complete the first section of the survey with their name, ID, dates of their exam, and emails of their committee members. The committee member would then get a notification to complete the remaining portion of the survey indicating the student passed, and providing their electronic signature. There is going to be more than one committee member completing this section, and I'd love to have the information the student already entered visible at the topic before the committee member approves.
I understand I can trigger an email to the committee members, pulling their addresses from the survey where the students enter them. Can I create a separate block, and trigger an email after the student's portion is complete? How can I let multiple people answer the same block of questions?
Thanks!

Hi Christina0402 ,
It sounds like you want:

1. The responses from the student and X number of committee members to be collected together as a single response in the same survey.

2. Each committee member to receive an email automatically after the student completes their part.

3. And, I assume, you don't want the student to be able to see what the committee members enter on the survey.

Each one is possible individually in a project. However, if all three are requirements, then it's not really possible out of the box in Qualtrics.

It doesn't matter if the student sees what the faculty enter. Basically, the faculty are just putting a signature to say, "Yes, the student passed." They wouldn't be completing the survey if the student didn't pass.
It doesn't matter if all the responses are the same. The faculty just has to know who they're approving the form for, and it would be nice if that info was included at the top of the survey they were signing. For example -
Top of the survey info entered by student -
Jane Doe
Student ID 123456
Area Exam 05/06
Oral Exam 05/10

In that case you could pipe what the student enters into a Text/Graphic item located at the top of the page in the faculty section. Instruct the student to forward the email with the survey link to their instructor to fill out the faculty section.

Leave a Reply