Website & App Insights | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello Everyone, 

I am trying to create an itnercept that has “Value from JavaScript” as a embedded data. What is the format of the variable to be accepted by Qualtrics? On other posts I saw tc_vars. before the variable, some other times attribute. . What should I ask my client and what should I configure?

Thank you all,

Vanessa

@VP96 

If you need embedded data to be filled via Value from JS you can keep the variable name as you want the embedded data name to be like. For the value you would need an expression from website which provides you the required value for the variable. You can also check this on websites browser console once you get this from client and then include it within your project.

Hope it helps!

Hello @Deepak ,

thank you for the quick answer. Unfortunately, not sure I am following the last part regarding website browser console. Basically, for a project I inserted the Value as tc_vars. but it was not correct so no embedded data was collected. Is there a standard value for Qualtrics or should I keep the value as it is in the customer’s website? thank you again

@VP96 

The console part I mentioned was just for troubleshooting. 

You can ask the client for value of that embedded data. In your case you should keep it as is on customers website. There isn’t a standard value as it varies for each website.

Your name of this variable would be the same as embedded data what you created to capture this variables value.

Hope this helps!

Thank you again @Deepak !!!

Leave a Reply