Why the limitations to the Simple Layout? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I like the Simple Layout the most, but it does not support many question types nor custom Javascript on the questions.

1. What is the reason for this limitation?
  2. Will it ever change?
  3. Do the limitations have benefits, such as making surveys built with this layout faster?

@JohannesCE , I think you should share the idea to disable the JS notepad in simple layout or provide the option to add JS on simple layout. Or tool should prompt to programmer while selecting simple layout that “most of the features are disabled in this layout. This layout does not support advance setup like side by side, javascript etc. (should have well defined list in prompt box)”. So newbie or unaware programmer will not select this layout while program the adhoc study.

@ArunDubey, where do I do this? I think the Product Ideas portal is offline: Evolve: Product Ideas | XM Community (qualtrics.com).

Yes, currently this feature is paused till June. Meanwhile you can search if anyone had already shared the idea. you upvote that idea instead of raising new one. you can find idea while entering keywords in search bar and if any relevant idea is there then upvote it.

@ArunDubey I gather that you do not have an answer to my questions and that there is no known reason for limiting the simple layout?

@JohannesCE I think only Qualtrics support team can give you exact answer on that. :)

Leave a Reply