Question

Workflow is not showing embedded data

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help.

I am having a problem with a one of my workflows.

I have piped some embedded data from my survey into an email trigger in a workflow.

I know that the data is correctly stored as it is saved as embedded data. The embedded data is then correctly piped into my email trigger. This works for one language; however, I have the exact same message translated into another language (although the embedded data remains identical), but the data is not being shown.

Has anyone else had this, or a similar problem before?

Thank you in advance. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +31

Is this a single survey translated into multiple languages using the “Translations” section or separate surveys with each having its unique language? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Radam There are multiple individual links in different languages - all have the same information - at the time, this was an easier option for us. However, each is connected to the same e-mail trigger in the “message library”. The Q_Language embedded data that Qualtrics has stores the correct language from each link and then displays the email message in the correct language. 

Each link has the same embedded data, which is correctly generated and stored within the embedded data field: ${e://Field/Temporary_Code}. As the email message is from the library it is translated using the “Translation” section and we checked to make sure that the embedded data field (${e://Field/Temporary_Code}) is correct in each, as I knew it might have been accidentally removed when translating the email from English into the other language. However, both English and the other language had the exact same embedded data field piped text, meaning that they both should be displaying the correct embedded data. As mentioned before, the data is already being generated as it exists in the Data & Analysis section under the Temporary_Code embedded data field, so it was not an issue of the data not being generated.

So this is being a bit strange, and we are unsure as to why this would be the case. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +31

Guessing at this point but could it be from the selection in the Survey Response workflow trigger:

The documentation does have this comment: This option also lets you pipe text in a language other than the survey’s default language.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/survey-response-events/#Multi

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Radam Thank you for your support with this. However, we managed to find the issue.

Turns out a completely different project had a very similar email trigger, which did not produce the embedded data. Overall, nothing was actually wrong with the project we thought had issues. 

Leave a Reply