Activate Survey Failed | XM Community
Solved

Activate Survey Failed

Hi all - I am helping someone with a survey and I received an error when trying to get a distribution link. I know there are major issues with this survey, but I've never had an issue getting a link before.

Now it is telling me that unless I fix the problems I can't get the link. The strange thing is that this is just a copy of another survey that they have already published. I made very minor changes to randomization and logic, and it's now telling me that the problems are not going to allow me to get the link. The changes I made, according to the survey rating, do not have anything to do with the problem. Most of the issues are with accessibility of matrix questions and question wording, which has not changed from the previous survey.

Is there anyway to override this? Right now, it is flagging all matrix questions so that means that in order to get the survey link he will never be able to use a matrix question.

I'm not sure what to do. I've never encountered this issue before. I run Qualtrics surveys out of multiple accounts and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

Thanks!
Michelle
icon

Best answer by psy_researcher_2018 8 May 2019, 19:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting?
Badge +1
Does the original survey (the one that the other user copied from) still work for that user?

Can the user use matrix questions in other surveys? E.g., create a sandbox survey, put a matrix question in it, publish it...
Hi All - Thank you for your help. I eventually started deleting questions until it worked and then slowly added them back publishing them with every single change. However, in the meantime, the person who owns the account contacted his admin and they lifted the accessibility requirement. So I have no idea if what I did fixed the problem or it was the admin.

For those who asked, the original survey still worked fine.

There error was something like:
Could not activate (survey name). This survey has questions that are not accessible for all users. Use the "Check Survey Accessibility" tool (found in the "Tools" menu of the survey editor), then try activating the survey again.

Even when I went to the accessibility tool, it told me the problem was that the tags were not being exported and linked me to Survey Options where there is no option to export tags. Apparently "tags" are question numbers based on the searches I did, but enabling question numbers also did not fix my problem.

Sorry I don't have a solution to report. I really don't know what the problem was or how it was fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Well, glad it's working now at least!

Leave a Reply