Auto-Refresh after survey completion | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi everyone! My university department uses a Qualtrics survey as a sign-in for visitors. After each person "signs in", someone has to refresh the page so it can be completed by the next person. Is there a way to custom program the survey to auto-refresh, say, 30 seconds after completion? I'm wondering if the same technology which allows certain websites to say "this page will auto-refresh in x seconds" could somehow be incorporated into our survey. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am a newbie in every sense of the word.
Hi @ElizabethR ,

Are you using a custom message in an End of Survey Page, or an End of Survey Element in the Survey Flow? If you are not, I would suggest using the Redirect in the Survey Options to go back to the original survey URL.

!

If you have to have a custom end of survey message then I would suggest adding a sentence that says something like "Click here to begin a new sign-in session." with a hyperlink to the survey URL.
@MatthewM Currently, there is a default message which says "Your response has been recorded". Would the redirect option happen automatically? Ideally, we would like the process to be self-sufficient, so no one has to press a button to reload the survey.
If memory serves, if you used the Redirect to URL option I believe that the default message would no longer appear. Instead, the survey would essentially "loop" back to the first page after the respondent submits, and start a fresh session.

Leave a Reply