Can the URL of an graphic be edited to be more "sightly" in e-mail previews (i.e. in Outlook inbox)? | XM Community
Question

Can the URL of an graphic be edited to be more "sightly" in e-mail previews (i.e. in Outlook inbox)?

• 1 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I have an image at the very top of my e-mail distributions (as requested by our client). Unfortunately, this means that when we send out our e-mails, the preview that shows up in Outlook has the From Name, then the subject line, and then the image's URL which, as folks are likely aware, is our Qualtrics domain name followed by long random strings of text - it makes the e-mail look like spam. I would absolutely love to be able to edit that URL so that in that preview box it's either much simpler or doesn't appear there...

Any help is much appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@Sammi_Leroy1430 - Can you share an example of what the Email template and the URL looks like? Also, how are you embedding the image in the email template?
Badge

I know this post is from 4 years ago, but I am actually looking for the answer to this same question. Is there any CSS code or something to ‘hide’ the image URL from the Outlook preview pane?? I imagine a lot of brands have this issue as many put header images at the top of their emails. 

Update: between doing a Google search, coming across this post, and then typing up this response, Outlook has now updated the preview pane and the URL is no longer showing. Which is great, but I’d love to know the ‘why’ and wonder if this is due to some setting on my personal profile or if our respondents will experience this? 

Leave a Reply