Can we import previous year's survey answers to the current survey? | XM Community
Solved

Can we import previous year's survey answers to the current survey?

• 6 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 24 replies
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if we can import previous year's survey answers to the current survey? Where the answer will appear as a pop out message saying that, for an example, "This is your last year's answer". And given that the question would not change as it is annual survey.

Thank you so much for your help and looking forward for your advises.

Cheers,
Simon
icon

Best answer by Kate 6 March 2019, 14:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You will need to associate those answers with your panelists.

So, if you haven't launched "Previous year" yet, I would recommend saving all the question answers you care about as embedded data, then using the contact list trigger to re-associate that information back to your panelists. Then on "This year" you can take those categories and display them on the survey.

I'm guessing you didn't do that back when. So now you need to update your panelists with the information.

Download all of the responses, make sure you also are downloading any unique identifiers you had for everyone (usually email). Re-name the columns if needed so you know it was the "2018Survey_Q1" and then modify your panelists to have that information. Pull in the embedded data from your panelists on to the new survey. And then you will be able to pipe forward embedded data to display old answers.
Badge +1

Hi there TohS and Kate I'm just following up on this old thread you had to see if you have any further instructions on this topic?
I did a survey last year (2020). I want to repeat the survey this year. Fortunately, I only have 8 respondents/panelists. However, I have 262 questions and each question has 2 rows to answer.
I am hoping to show the panelists their answers from last year (across all 262 questions x 2 rows/question)
Do I create a new survey (copy the 2020 one?) ?
Do I then do as @Kate suggested above in 2019 and pull in the 2020 data as embedded data? Does it then literally show up as the 2021 answer is already checked? If yes, would I be smarter to just take my 2020 survey and send it to everyone saying "retake"?

Badge

Hey @Katherine Conrad For general imports, you’ll want to follow the steps in this video here: https://youtu.be/OKoLuL-06hc

In this situation, it would be a bit more complex, but it would depend on what you’re looking to do.

If you want the responses for last year to be the responses for this year, then you’d make sure the data for last year is under the columns that correspond to the results for this year. That way, they’ll pull through as the results for this year. However, if you want last year’s results to exist in tandem with this year’s you’d want to save it as embedded data. 

I hope that clarifies things!

Leave a Reply