Conditional logic in randomized questions per block | XM Community
Skip to main content
I am making a survey in which 12 blocks are randomized. In addition, each block has 12 main questions which are also randomized. So far I have achieved this. However, within each block 4 special questions (out of the 12 questions) need to display an extra sub-question in the same page. I tried to do this by adding these 4 extra questions to each block and and set the display logic so that when one of the 4 special questions in shown then one of the 4 extra questions will be shown as well. This method failed. Qualtrics showed me a message saying that question randomization and display logic cannot be used at the same time.

Any ideas of how I can keep the design of the survey:

A block randomization + question randomization (showing questions one at a time per page) --- This part works so far

But in which special questions display in the same page an extra question? --- I cannot figure this out

Maybe I need some JavaScript code instead?

Thank you to everyone
What if you add 4 separate block of each special questions + followup question pairings and don't randomize within that block, but then put these 4 two-question block under the randomization with the 8-question randomized block?

Or do partial randomization within the 12-question block. You'd have the 4 special questions and follow-ups in order (left box) and the other 8 questions randomized (top right box).

!

Leave a Reply