Custom Validation in Matrix Profile MC | XM Community
Question

Custom Validation in Matrix Profile MC

Badge

Hello!
This may be elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. I'm looking to either:

• Make a multiple choice likert matrix question look more like a profile question (with emoji options in little boxes) OR

• Allow custom validation in a profile MC matrix question so that I can have a note pop up to remind people to select at least two options in each column AND/OR

• Have a count of the number of select items in each column pop up at the top or bottom of the matrix.

Thanks for your help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

• Make a multiple choice likert matrix question look more like a profile question (with emoji options in little boxes) -> Use 'Rich content editor' option to add graphics/ emojis or we can only use text to add, if emojis mentioned here are fine for you.

• Allow custom validation in a profile MC matrix question so that I can have a note pop up to remind people to select at least two options in each column AND/OR -> Custom code recommended. Hide the original next button and create duplicate next button. On click of this duplicate button, check if above condition is satisfied, then click original next button else show reminder text.

• Have a count of the number of select items in each column pop up at the top or bottom of the matrix. -> On click event of the question, check the count on each column and show at top of respective column

Badge

Dear Rondev,
Thanks so much!
Just a couple of follow up questions.
This is what I have... but I am keen to get it to look more like a profile question (but retain the custom validation options of a matrix likert question). Is there a way to transform the check boxes into to answer boxes like in a profile question?
Untitled ImageUntitled Image

Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/26031#Comment_26031And for the third option here, could you help with the custom code?

Thank you!

Leave a Reply