Exclude from analysis problem | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a matrix question in my survey. It has 5 likert points. The last likert point is "I don't know". I just noticed that this has a red cross mark near it and the "exclude from analysis" is checked. So I just had a look at the excel format of recorded responses. When the user selects "I don't know", this is recorded as empty cells. Is there any way to revert this and get "I don't know", rather than empty cells? Although, i can see that the user selected "I don't know" when I view the response through qualtrics.
Thanks a lot.

Just uncheck "Exclude From Analysis".
image.png

ahmedA The responses are already recorded, and the "I don't know" cells are empty. Will this method work and those cells will be restored with "I don't know" again?

In case of a normal survey, where you just have the questions, then yes. If you are referencing a survey, then I'm not sure. The best way to check whether they will be restored or not, is to look at the PDF files of the response. If it shows that "I don't know" is selected. Then it will be restored. Otherwise, not.

Yes, when I look at the individual responses, it shows "I don't know" is selected.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/32751#Comment_32751Yes, this works retroactively. So once you remove exclude analysis from that option, just go to data and analysis and refresh the page.

rondev Thanks for the info.
ahmedA Thanks for the info.

Leave a Reply