Exporting survey metadata with responses | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi
Is there any way to export survey metadata alongside responses in XML, such as questionID, questionText, questionType, answers with both recode values and variable naming, etc?
The export options allow me to either get the choice text or numeric values, but not both at the same time, which I would like to have so that I can properly explore the data outside of the Reports page (e.g. knowing the value for statistics and having the text for graphs). Also, neither options actually ensures the answer display order nor the full range of the scale.
What I want to do would look like the Reports page but with more flexibility on graphs formatting, statistics calculation, filtering open-ended questions, and comparing ratings on identical likert scales.
Thanks a lot

Hi jerbergeron! There is not currently a way to export survey metadata alongside responses in XML, so you will want to submit this as a new idea if you have not yet already! There is an export option called Export viewing order data for randomized surveys that would get you the viewing order. Check out this support page about exporting response data, and this support page with the different options you can choose to export this data. Last, we'd recommend taking a look at our CX Dashboards feature, as this may help you accomplish your final question. If you have any additional questions, be sure to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply