Having difficulty getting a survey to refresh in the Offline app on several iPads | XM Community
Solved

Having difficulty getting a survey to refresh in the Offline app on several iPads

• 13 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
We have a group of iPads that are used for a continuous survey. I renamed the survey, removed it from the offline app on each iPad, and downloaded the new version. It downloads, but the old name still shows on the survey thumbnail. If I click the thumbnail to open the survey, the name is correct, there. If I hit refresh, I briefly see today's date and the current time for "last refreshed," but when it finishes, it reverts to an older date and the survey name on the is still the original one on the icon. I've tried this several times. Qualtrics support has confirmed that the survey is correct in the account. One iPad from the group shows the name on the thumbnail and the refresh date correctly. The rest have this issue. They all are running the recent version of the app and have an Internet connection. They are all connected to the same wifi network, in fact. Qualtrics is unable to help me at this time as the issue is "cosmetic", but my users will be confused if they keep seeing the wrong name on the thumbnail for the survey, so I'd like to fix it.
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 25 September 2018, 00:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi @smartino

Seems like you have not changed the survey name going to survey options. Please do dilouble check and rename under the survey options fo text to be displayed in browser window.
Badge +3
Thanks for your response. I don't think that's the problem; the name that appears in the browser, as set in Survey Options in Survey Experience/Survey Title, is still the default of "Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions." I'm trying to change the survey title as it appears in the thumbnail for the survey in the Offline Survey app, not in the browser window. One of my iPads logged into the same account and showing the same survey displays it correctly, so I don't think the issue is coming from the way the survey is set up in Qualtrics. I've attached a picture of what I mean; "- 2017" should not appear on the title, and the refresh date should be August 30, 2018.

When I click the thumbnail, the survey opening screen is correct; it's just the thumbnail that is wrong on most of the iPads.

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @smartino! If you have not yet already, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team as they will be able to further troubleshoot this with you!
Hi Sandy.
We use a mix of iPads and Android 8"tablets for offline data collection. We have noticed that, with iPads, once a survey has been downloaded once, the thumbnail remains the same, no matter what you do - you can refresh and even remove and re-download the survey - the thumbnail remains the same. The only way we found to get the thumbnail to update was to log out of the app on the iPad and log back in, then download the survey and, bingo, the thumbnail is updated with the latest survey text.
The Androids, on the other hand, will update the thumbnail with a simple survey refresh.
Qystery!

Leave a Reply