How to create a follow up to Matrix Questions | XM Community
Skip to main content
I currently have a Qualtrics survey where teachers are asked to rate the score on a Likert scale they would assign to a child (i.e. "Do you think Child x would score low, medium, or high on this test"). It's a matrix table with kids' names on the rows and low, medium, high as columns. They can only choose 1 response.

I'd like to add a question that asks them how confident they are in their response for each child.

Any suggestion on how to do so?
It may make sense to create a loop-and-merge in which it creates a new question for each child's name and asks about confidence.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/
To elaborate... Ideally, I'd like the "how confident" question to be answered right when they rate a student's performance. Example attached. Right now, there's a matrix of kids and teachers pick one rating for "Tier 1, 2, 3/Low, mid, high" and on the same row, I'd like an option for them to mark how confident they are.

Loop/merge would essentially recreate the table and ask them after they've done all the ratings of student performance right?
To elaborate... Ideally, I'd like the "how confident" question to be answered right when they rate a student's performance. Example attached. Right now, there's a matrix of kids and teachers pick one rating for "Tier 1, 2, 3/Low, mid, high" and on the same row, I'd like an option for them to mark how confident they are.

Loop/merge would essentially recreate the table and ask them after they've done all the ratings of student performance right?
!
Would the Side-by-Side question type work for you in this situation?

!
@nonprofit_user - that's exactly it! Thank you! I didn't know that was an option. This saved me a bunch of time. Thanks!

Leave a Reply