How to create repeated/longitudinal surveys | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi all,

I'm very new to Qualtrics, so apologies if this is a silly questions but I couldn't find the answer online.

I understand from this post that if I want my participants to come back and fill out my survey again, say in a week, I need to send them an email trigger inviting them to do so. But I can't seem to test out this functionality using the free trial. Do you need a subscriptions to enable the email trigger option? If so, which subscription is needed?

Thanks for any help!
Hi,

In the Free Trial, you'll be quite limited in what you do.

I checked on a free account, and indeed the Actions tab, where you would set an trigger, is completely hidden on a free account. Even if it were visible, on your Account settings you'll see you can send a maximum of 10 emails from a free account.

Top right, under your Account Settings, you can find a tab "Plans" with some pricing details and comparison of the free trial with paid plans.

But what the post that you link to, is basically doing, is:

- from your first survey, write a random "login id" plus the answers to a couple of questions to your Contacts database

- on your second survey, using that random "Login ID", fetch that data back from the Contacts database, to reuse it into a second survey.

Hope that helps,

Kr

Joyca

Leave a Reply