How to make typed answers of first survey available in the second survey? | XM Community
Skip to main content
I am designing a longitudinal survey. First phase of my questionnaire has a question for which respondents have to type a Brand name (any of their own choice). In the second Phase I want that typed brand name to appear in the questionnaire. How is it possible that the same typed brand name will appear for the same respondent ?

By the way I am using Prolific to hire respondents how will this work ? I will be highly oblided if any one of you can help me in this regard
Hi Ali! You can do this two ways: If you want to just use that answer again later in the same survey, you can use piped text and choose the 'entered text' option.

If you're needing to pass this from one survey to a second survey (if your second phase is a second survey), you can do this by storing the brand name as embedded data. Be sure to save the embedded data to the contact list using a contact list trigger.
Thanks . Follow up question is that . How to appear the text entry entered by the respondents in 2nd survey.

example

If respondent A typed "Nike" as his/her response in survey 1 . Now after a week I launch Survey 2 and want to show this text for respondent A " You typed Nike in the survey 1" where the word Nike comes automatically from the first survey.

Similarly with all the respondents . Everyone should see the brand names which they entered in survey 1.

Please help!

Leave a Reply