How to randomly split respondents into different blocks, depending on certain conditions. | XM Community
Solved

How to randomly split respondents into different blocks, depending on certain conditions.

• 9 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Dear all,

I am struggling to do a conditional random split. I am trying to develop a survey for 4 products; A,B,C and D. I am only interested in respondents who have purchase the products recently, so first I screen them for their purchase frequency.
Example:
How often do you purchase each product?
Frequently Sometimes Rarely Never
A
B
C
D

I created four different blocks each one contaning questions related to each product (A,B,C and D); namely _Product A questions, Product B questions, Product C questions, and Product D questions_.

I now need to randomly assign them to a block, but only if they have purchase the product at least sometimes(sometimes+frequently). This means that if someone purchases product A and D frequently or sometimes, they should be randomly assigned either to block A questions or block D questions.

Thank you all for the help!!! 😀
icon

Best answer by VirginiaM 9 October 2019, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@moriyam5 First create your "How often do you purchase each product" question in its own block. Then create separate blocks for each product with the follow-up questions. Then set up your survey flow to branch to a randomizer. Below that, add branch conditions for each block. Use this screenshot as a reference:
!

Leave a Reply