I am a student at open uni and sharing a project , but my videos are unavailable to them | XM Community
Skip to main content
How can I ensure my videos are played on others browsers when I have embedded them from you tube? I am currently working on a project and have sent my tutor videos to look at, but it says they are unavailable her end, although playing fine at mine. Is it to do with coding my end, or browser type? My tutor has tried a few browsers. I am so lost on all of this and need to get my project trialled, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
In theory if you are using the embed code provided by YouTube, it should work on virtually all browsers and devices.

If you are the uploader and have the videos set to "Private" within YT then I believe this means other people have to be invited to view and must do so whilst logged into their own YT account.

If that isn't the issue, then it sounds as though it could be a problem on your Tutor's side.
Thank you Steve. You are right. I did read another query similar to this and they had to set to unlisted, but make sure the code said 'allow embedding'. I have changed all my videos to unlisted but cannot see any thing that says allow embedding. I will make them public if my tutor still cannot see them.

Leave a Reply