Is there a limit to file storage (how many responses I can get to a file upload question?) | XM Community
Skip to main content

We have a file upload question requesting video and are expecting ~1,000 responses. According to the Qualtrics documentation, the limit on a single upload is 100MB. But is there a total limit to storage for my survey or account? How many 100MB responses can I receive before people start getting a message like "storage full" when they try to upload something?
Is storage done on an account basis or on a brand basis, so all upload storage is shared across the brands?

Hi riceball ! If you have not yet already, I’d recommend reaching out to the  Support team with this question, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! :)

Great question riceball. Do you mind sharing what information you got from Support? I just created a survey requesting for file uploads as well and didn't even think about this. thanks!

Oh! Sure, of course Cphu .
I would caveat that this might depend on your license, but the answer for us was basically "no limit, it's fine":
There is no total storage limit per survey or brand. For peace of mind, you can download and delete file uploads as you go, but there's no cap.
Also, in a single survey, you can have as many File Upload questions in your survey as you would like, however, each question can accept only one uploaded file. Each file uploaded can be up to 100MB.

riceball Thanks! I guess I should check, just in case.

Leave a Reply