Is there a work-around for skipping past the authenticated section? | XM Community
Skip to main content

In my search I found the following: If the [login] information is incorrect, the authentication fails and the respondent is prompted to re-enter the information. If the respondent continues to fail, they will be skipped past the authenticated section of the survey. If there is not anything after the authenticated section, the survey will continue to the end of survey message and their response will be recorded.

Hi Charleigh_Grace1938 just to make sure your question is clear. You want to make it so that respondents cannot access the survey if they fail the authenticator, correct? I actually didn't realize this skipping function happened, and it's a little puzzling...what is the point of the authenticator then? If you don't get a solution here, I'd suggest reaching out to Qualtrics Support for some insight, and possibly posting this as a product idea. (I would definitely upvote!) Would love to hear any updates.

Hi ClairJ,
Thank you, I actually did get an answer. Basically, the solution is in the survey flow. Setup must accommodate the authentication as the top branch and be completely left justified; the end of survey branch is at the bottom and completely left justified, while everything else is sandwiched between the two and differentiated based on function. In this way, if a respondent fails authentication, he or she is skipped to the end of the survey instead of the next survey item. Again, thank you so much for responding.
CharleighGrace

This is so helpful to know. Thank you for reporting back!

You are welcome! Glad to help.

Leave a Reply