multiple choice multiple answes questions but not all correct answers appear in data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear Community,
I have a multiple choice (multiple answers) question with three correct answers (out of five). I indicate all thee correct answers. However, when I check the data, all three answers are never graded, only two. This is also an issue if I download the results as a spreadsheet (with texts or as numbers). Only one or two answers are listed even when the student answered three of the answers. With two questions for instance I get 0,1-s. But in a question that had three good answers and a student chose two of them I see only a 1 (not even a 1,1). What could be the problem? Ok I checked and even when I have two good answers and the student recorded two good answers I get only 1 back in the spredsheet in text and in value. Why doesn't all the chosen answers feature and graded? Can I grade without having to go through all pdf-s ?
Thank you very much in advance!

I am having the exact same problem. I contacted Qualtrics Support but they don't seem to understand this problem. Have you had any luck finding a fix?

Yes! I managed to explain the problem in detail since I played around it for a while. Appearently, you cannot recode variables with the same values (for instance you cannot set a multiple choice question as (00010) but you have to recode each answer to its own value (12345) ) After recoding everything I get the correct answers in the spread sheet.

That solved it! Thank you so much!

Leave a Reply