Offline app login issue | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have downloaded the latest version of the Qualtrics Offline App (1.4.07) and installed it on my Android phone. The phone has an internet connection, use of the app is enabled for my Qualtrics account, and I follow the instructions on the Qualtrics help pages that apply specifically to SSO accounts. (Typing in just the username and the API token.) However, the app always replies:

"Unable to login. Please ensure your username and password are correct, and that your brand has permission to use this application."

I am quite sure the provided details are correct, and our organization did always have permission to use the app.

Do others also run into this issue? Could it be a problem since the latest update?
Hey @Robbert! I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team as they will be able to troubleshoot this with you and check your account/brand permissions!
I did reach out to Qualtrics Support before I made the above forum post. (The support ticket e-mail mentioned to also try the forums.) Support suggested it could be because of a missing Access API permission. That puzzled me because the missing Access API was not a problem before: we have been using the app for years.

However, this morning when I tried to log in on the app again, using exactly the same method as last week, it worked. Pehaps there was a temporary server issue?
Hello there,

We, at the Centre for Social Sciences in Lisbon, Portugal, are also experiencing the exact same problem with the offline app.

We have followed every step that Qualtrics Support team has given us and still we are yet to find a solution - All details and permissions to use the APP were correct; We generated an API token and use it; Tried different ID combinations, etc. - Still nothing.

It keeps saying: “Unable to login. Please ensure your username and password are correct, and that your brand has permission to use this application”.

We are starting to lose our temper since we need the App ASAP for a field research starting tomorrow - it has been a month since we last were able to use it.

As I have said, we tried everything and every step. By reading this complaint presented by Robbert, and since he experimented the same problem with the same nuances and characteristics, I am led to believe that this is a Qualtrics platform issue and has nothing to do with us here at the University of Lisbon or the Centre for Social Studies.

Hopefully and maybe after reading this predicament, this problem will be solved as it did with Robbert.

I am sorry it had to be this way, but as I have said we have tried everything and tried to reach out to everyone.
Hi everyone!

I'm conscious this is an old thread but I am currently experiencing exactly the same problem. I have narrowed it down specifically to the Android app - we are running the app on a number of Apple devices, with the same login details, and all is well there.

I can confirm that account/brand permissions are all ok and an API token has been generated (because it all works on our iPads).

Please help!
I tried to log in to the app but suddenly I have been facing a problem like connection failed with error 651 which I cannot fix at all so please help me to fix it.
Hey @jbyers & @steverogger077! I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Team, as they will best be able to look at each of your specific use cases and further troubleshoot!

Leave a Reply