Qualtrics vs Z-tree | XM Community
Skip to main content
Anyone has used Qualtrics instead of Z-Tree for doing experimental economics and would have great ressources on how to use Qualtrics for creating incentives, etc?
Qualtrics itself doesn't have a great incentive disbursement method, but there are other companies that do very easy integrations. We have used Rybonn to great success. Tango is also a really common one that has an easy integration.

Depending on the type of experiment you are running, I'm thinking Rybonn might work better. They just have way more flexible choice options. EG: They can choose to donate the incentive, you can limit them to just 1 store, or 3 stores, or 3 stores and 3 charities. But whoever you work with I would check in to make sure you're able to marry those choices to the original data set easily.

I haven't used Z-tree myself. It looks like maybe that will do more of the comparison analysis for you? Where as with Qualtrics you're almost certainly going to be running a lot of that yourself in SPSS. But with the right embedded data and sampling set up, it should be a breeze.
Many thanks this is very useful ! I did not know Rybonn; I just checked, this will work perfectly!

So Z-tree is great for designing experiments which involves interaction between agents (as in game theory: If "I do this" then "you do that"). But it is unnecessary complex for non-interactive experiments, for instance just a single-agent game.

Any chance you would some JS on Qualtrics? I am just starting on Js on Qualtrics and I have a very simple question I think for any expert: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/7772/javascript-point-counter#latest

Thank you very much!!
Don't know the first thing about JS, wish I could help. When I need JS I also go to the community to find help 🙂 Good luck!
No worries, many thanks for you previous very helpful answer!!

Leave a Reply