Quotas take time to update | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi all,

I cannot find this or a similar question in the forum so here we go.

I have a question with quotas, in particular a Pick, Group and Rank question. The idea is that every item within the question has a quota and once the quota for an item has been met then this item is not displayed. I expect the survey to be taken by multiple people within a matter of minutes.

While testing it, it appears that the quotas take time to update (as I said, multiple Ps taking the survey within a short time, even concurrently) which results in items being displayed even if their quotas should have been met. I 've set up the quotas and the survey in such way so that if an item has had its quota met then the question is shown again but without this item (this is for situations whereby two or more Ps take the survey at the sme time).

Any ideas how I can make quotas update instantly once the survey has been submitted?

Thank you in advance.
I am not sure if this is possible, but if it is it will require custom code. The quota data updates at the end of a submission, not when a question is taken, and also the quotas are looked at when a survey starts, not when a question loads.
Thanks for your reply.

> @Akdashboard said:

> The quota data updates at the end of a submission

Well, this bit does not happen actually. I have to wait for about a minute after submission for the quota to be updated.

>...and also the quotas are looked at when a survey starts, not when a question loads.

I think I have managed to solve this as long as the quota has been updated

Leave a Reply