Randomly present subset of elements, matched | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am running a matched survey in which participants will be in one of two conditions (using randomizer in survey flow). How can I make sure I have the appropriate amount of participants in each condition, but still have them randomly assigned? Essentially, a quota/randomizer combination.

Check the "Evenly present" box on the Randomizer.

Hi Tom, thanks so much. I need to make sure I have a certain number in each category, will evenly presenting allow this to happen? My worry is that rather than randomizing 'tit for tat', qualtrics may randomize 2 or 3 into one category and then 2 or 3 in the next. Not sure how it works on the back-end.

If you have two conditions it will randomly assign the first one, then alternate between the two. The only issue that can throw your numbers off is if respondents don't complete the survey after they are assigned to a category. It typically isn't an issue unless drop outs skew towards one category.

Thank you Tom! That is helpful. I will just control the number of participants on the crowd sourcing platform so that only a small number can participate at anytime. That way I can delete/reset the count of any incomplete data and maintain the required ratio. Cheers!

Leave a Reply