Reset slider in loop & merge | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi everyone,

I am new to Qualtrics and this community. I am creating my first survey here. I have 3 treatments and 1 control group. Survey flow looks like this where I use the same task block (called task+feedback) for each of the four groups.

!

The task is a slider task and the output is the time taken to submit the slider task (screenshot below).

!

In the design of the slider I have all the sliders are at zero position (custome start position is also ticked).

The first loop runs perfectly fine (meaning all the loops in the first group load with the slider positions are all zeros), I run into the problem when the first loop & merge is finished and the next group loops. The starting position of the slider is the last answer from the previous group (see the image below).

!.

I have tried the followings:

1. Custom start position ticked/unticked.

2. Default values are all zeros

One workaround is to create copies of 1 block and add a separate block for each group. I was wondering if there is any other workaround to reset the sliders to zero after one group is over? even JS should be okay.
Survey flow looks like this where I use the same task block (called task+feedback) for each of the four groups. - You cannot do this as this will rewrite the answer of previous feedback, so you need to create copy of that block and then use it in survey flow, hence you will now have 4 blocks
@rondev thank you for your answer. I confirmed from the qualtrics team as well and understood that it is not possible to use one block for several branches.

Leave a Reply