Table of Contents allows respondent to skip blocks with forced response??? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi, I'm building a survey with a table of contents, and one of the blocks contains questions that require a response.

It seems a respondent can navigate between blocks, and if they never visit the block containing the questions with 'force response' they can submit the survey without ever answering those questions...

Is there anyway to fix this??
@Mkunza , is it possible for you too share qsf file?

Please check if the all blocks under TOC.
I actually just chated with Q support - they confirmed that respondents can skip blocks with the ToC (even with force response), and there's no way to change it.
Okay, Thanks for the information.
@Mkunza I came across your question while looking for something else. Dunno if this will help (if this was an updated feature)... but you can edit the options of each block in the survey flow to "force respondent to finish the block" -- so if someone skips blocks 1 and 2, they wouldn't be able to submit the survey unless they go back to blocks 1 and 2.

The caveat is that if there is no question in that block that has "force response" turned on, then a person can just answer one question and Qualtrics would consider that block finished.

If that block has only questions with "request response" then a person can just say they don't want to answer anyway when the popup shows up, and Qualtrics would consider that block finished as well.

Leave a Reply