Text Entry Answer to Carry into Subsequent Questions | XM Community
Skip to main content
I am very new to Qualtrics and have been spending time on the Qualtrics support site to figure this out - I am very appreciative of your patience and help.

-I have a question that asks respondents to name a person who requests a consultation. (lets call this "Question 1)

-Subsequent questions ask respondents to rate the "requestor of the consultation" for various things.

QUESTION:

- I want to take the name that a respondent types in Question 1, and have that appear in subsequent questions. e.g. Name written in Question 1 was "John Evans". Question 2 reads "Rate how satisfied you were with [John Evans]' ability to..." etc.

I was trying to use piped text but it wasn't bringing the answer down while in preview mode. I was exploring "loop and merge"... but this is very new for me and I am having trouble. Would so appreciate help! Thanks in advance.
Piped text will work, but the follow-up questions have to be on a different page from Question 1. If you've piped the correct field, it will work in Preview mode.
Thanks so much! I did not have it coming up on a different page, which is why it didn't work. Thank you!

Leave a Reply