User getting a message saying "You have already completed this survey or your session has expired". | XM Community
Skip to main content

I sent out a survey a couple of days ago using the anonymous link and I have a user that is getting a message that says "You have already completed this survey or your session has expired". I initially set it up with the prevent ballot stuffing option but have switched this off in case that was causing a problem. I have allowed participants to save and return to the survey and partial responses are set to be recorded 1 month after the participants last activity. The same survey has 3 responses in progress at varying stages but there are also 3 recorded responses that are blank. The survey is for a research project and the responses are being recorded anonymously so I can't check whether the 3 blank responses are relating to the individual that is getting the completed survey message. Would that be possible? I have advised them to clear their browser history and cookies from their device (they are using a smart phone). What else can I check? I'm new to using Qualtrics so I hope I haven't somehow messed it up!
Thanks
Steph

Hey StephDA! It sounds like you've already checked a lot of the possible reasons why a user may be getting this error. Be sure to also check out this community thread that has a bit more information! If you still cannot resolve the issue, the Support team may be your best bet, as they will be able to check your survey configuration!

Leave a Reply