Using Filters - Ethnicity Breakdown | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,
Apologies if this is posted incorrectly or in the wrong category - I'm very new to this! I am doing some analysis on a survey, where for demographics the participants were asked for their ethnicity (using the ONS breakdowns). This is a long list, and we want to do our analysis by ethnicity in a grouped way, so combining a few of these ethnicities into a 'group'. For example 'Asian', 'White' etc. Is there a way of doing this via filters so that there is a breakdown for each group in one report? E.g showing the bar graph for each question for 'White' 'Asian' etc respondents rather than for every single ethnicity breakdown asked (which happens if you use the report breakout for the ethnicity question)? Or do these reports need to be separated out via individual filters for each grouped ethnicity and can't be combined together?
Apologies if this doesn't make sense!
Thanks,
Paige

Hi PaigeC ,
I think Bucketing might be the feature you're looking for: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/add-new-fields/bucketing-variable-creation/

Hi Matthew,
Thank you so much - that's exactly what I wanted!
Best,
Paige

Leave a Reply