Approach to Research - Advice needed | XM Community

Approach to Research - Advice needed

• 6 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all, 

I am hoping others can share their advice and experience around the following. 

I have been asked to facilitate research among our existing customer research pool to guage their awareness of our company’s wider product offering. 

Let’s suppose a customer purchases Apples from us. We follow up with target research around their experience of purchasing apples with us. However what I’ve been asked to explore is essentially a way to measure whether these customers were aware that we also sell, Bananas, Pears, Mangos, etc. 

I’m struggling with the approach of simply flat out asking ‘did you know about our other product offerings’. It seems quite blunt. 

Has anyone had any similar experiences with this research ask and might like to share their solution? 

Thanks!

Harry

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@HarryO87 It looks like a Brand Experience approach can help you with this. Find out what do they think about brands in the market. Like talk about apple, your brand pop-up in their mind, about banana, other brand comes up.

Sometimes it’s not because of your banana quality or advertising. Your competitor’s campaign about their banana might make people forgot about yours. That’s why I think this approach is perfect in your case.

Let me know your though about this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I think @dxconnamnguyen suggestion is great! Also, if you do a quick Google search on either brand perception or brand awareness surveys, you’ll get a lot of results on possible questions you could ask.

Leave a Reply