Survey is storing embedded data for users who are ineligible for a pop-over intercept, even though they never see the pop-over | XM Community
Question

Survey is storing embedded data for users who are ineligible for a pop-over intercept, even though they never see the pop-over

• 22 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a pop-over survey running via an intercept. The intercept includes a few rules, including the user email not containing a particular string as captured via a javascript expression. This rule is working correctly to prevent the pop-over from being seen by the ineligible users. However, the survey is still capturing embedded data for these users in the survey data file. Additionally, I have multiple rows of embedded data for the same excluded users in the survey data.

Here are the specific intercept rules:

If current URL contains *****

AND

If time spent on site is greater than 30 seconds

AND

If Javascript expression does not contain ***** (email domain to be excluded)

AND

If current intercept in this zone has not been seen in the last 60 days

Additionally, the user must scroll 5% on the page to trigger the intercept (advanced option).

Could anyone tell me why a survey that isn’t being presented to a set of users is still capturing embedded data for those users?

Additionally, does the intercept impression count increment each time these excluded users’ data is being logged? According to the XM documentation, it’s only if an intercept is viewed, but by that logic I shouldn’t have embedded data for users who were never presented the survey via the intercept.

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +30

There can be multiple reasons for that.. Probably pop up blocker might be blocking the user from viewing the block on their website.

Leave a Reply