Using a Salesforce field in a question? | XM Community

Using a Salesforce field in a question?

• 13 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,
I am trying to take a value passed from Salesforce and use it in a question, is this possible, can some one give me the basics or point me at a tutorial?

TC

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

TonyC
Currently within Qualtrics-Salesforce you can do the below three things.

1. Based on a change in salesforce you can trigger different tasks in Qualtrics. (Salesforce Workflow Rule Event (qualtrics.com))

2. Using Qualtrics as an event you can create a Salesforce task e.g. creating a Case. (Salesforce Task (qualtrics.com))

3. You can also use Stand Alone workflows that run on a specific time or event to extract and load data into Qualtrics XM directory.

Presuming if your use case will need a Realtime Webservice task and if you need the field to be pulled from a certain case/object of that person in realtime. You can view this documentation for Salesforce API. (Introduction to REST API | REST API Developer Guide | Salesforce Developers) and this for Qualtrics Realtime Web Service API which would be created in Survey Flow before Question block.
Hope this helps!

Badge

Thanks, gotta be honest most of that went over my head. I was hoping like I can get Objects from the Opportunity in SF that triggers the survey like the email, name etc. that I would be able to use these in the actual survey to personalise.

TC

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

TonyC the first option (Salesforce Workflow Rule) is your best bet.

1. Create a Salesforce Workflow Rule in Qualtrics. This will give you a URL to use in Salesforce.

2. Create trigger flows in Saleforce (e.g. Opportunity is closed, etc.). This trigger flow will call an Outbound Message in Salesforce using the URL you created in step 1. In the outbound message, you will add the objects you would like to have available in Qualtrics

3. Update the fields you are reading into the workflow in Qualtrics by clicking into the "Salesforce workflow rule" section on the workflow

Badge

Thanks InessaG
I have done all that and can send a survey in a test. But I can add elements into the email sent from Qualtrics, but cannot seem to see how to add these same elements into a Question.
e.g. my email has "Dear ~{sfob://Opportunity_Contact_Name__c}," and when the person receives the email it just says "Dear Davey Crocket" or whatever the value of Opportunity_Contact_Name__c is set at.
One of those, I am pretty sure it must be possible, but not sure of the mechanics of making it work.

Cheers TC

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

TonyC
The workflow runs based on the condition you choose for example a case is created. Add XM Directory Task (qualtrics.com) below it and create a contact and add embedded data with salesforce fields and add the same embedded data you use to punch in the salesforce field values, create them in Survey flow as well. Post which when the respondent takes the survey they will be auto filled from XM Directory.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

TonyC Make sure you add these embedded data fields into the survey flow within the survey, map them in the workflow task, and then you should be able to use these in the questions.

Leave a Reply