Automation rule - add people to list if they opt out of any other list | XM Community
Question

Automation rule - add people to list if they opt out of any other list

• 4 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
I'm trying to work out the best way to collate all opt outs from multiple mail lists into one list. I don't want to provide an opt out directory link on our surveys at present - we are happy with people opting out at survey level but internally we will opt them out of all surveys. To do this I need to regularly collate an up to date list of opt outs.
I thought I might be able to do this using an enrolment rule but it only includes contact info and embedded data fields, not subscription status.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Rod Pestell

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello Rod_Pestell ,
I believe you can use Segments to get them all at once and use that segment to populate a list instead of manual work or opt them out of directory directly from segment created.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Deepak ,
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any more information on this as I had a quick look at segments and built one for opt outs but I didn't seem to be able to control from which mailing lists it gets the opt out status from. Does the opt out status only come from the directory?

This is what I've built:
image.pngWe have thousands of opt out in mailing lists but the summary is only showing 1 (which would be about right for the directory).
image.png
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi Rod_Pestell,
Yes, you are correct unfortunately you wouldn't be able to control opt out from lists through segments, it is directory level. In this case I think a two step API should do the job. Where you can use get method of this API for listing all opt outs from a mailing list and subsequently post method of this API to create that contact in a new mailing list. You can use an external tool of triggering the API as required.
Hope this helps!

Leave a Reply