CUSTOMIZE NEXT BUTTON | XM Community
Question

CUSTOMIZE NEXT BUTTON

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

I need assistance in customizing the behavior of the ‘Next’ button on my survey. Specifically, I want the button to change to ‘Submit’ only when the respondent selects ‘SMS’ and ‘Phone call’ together, or if ‘SMS’ alone is selected. If ‘SMS’ is selected along with ‘Email’ or ‘Social media,’ I want the button to remain as ‘Next.’

see the multiple option question type of my survey below.

1. Email
  2. SmS
  3. Phone call
  4. Socail media

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Adedamola

You can try below steps:

1. Duplicate your multiple-choice question into two separate blocks named Block 1 and Block 2. In Block 1, set up display logic to show the block if the response to a previous question is 'SMS is Selected' or 'Both SMS & Phone Call are Selected'. In the Survey Builder, navigate to Block 1, click on the Next/Previous Button settings, and change the Next button text to Submit. Refer to the screenshot below for guidance.

2. Repeat the same process for Block 2, but this time, rename the Next button to 'Next'.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Adedamola

You can try below steps:

1. Duplicate your multiple-choice question into two separate blocks named Block 1 and Block 2. In Block 1, set up display logic to show the block if the response to a previous question is 'SMS is Selected' or 'Both SMS & Phone Call are Selected'. In the Survey Builder, navigate to Block 1, click on the Next/Previous Button settings, and change the Next button text to Submit. Refer to the screenshot below for guidance.

2. Repeat the same process for Block 2, but this time, rename the Next button to 'Next'.

Let me know if this helps.

Hello @Sachin Nandikol thank you. However, I don’t think i understand your approach. Bear in mind that the multiple choice question is the first question. So how would this work?

Leave a Reply