Emails sent through Qualtrics getting blocked | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Emails sent through Qualtrics getting blocked

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello. I hope some of you can help me. Survey emails to outside organizations are getting blocked when sending them through Qualtrics. I even set up a custom from email domain. Are any of you having issues with this as well? Any advice?

Would really appreciate your help!!

Annette

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

Hi Annette, I hope you are well.

We have two options to resolve the issue of blocked emails:

1. Consult with the Cybersecurity or IT team to determine the cause of the blockage. It is possible that some recipients have individually blocked the emails to avoid receiving them.

2. If the Cybersecurity or IT team confirms that there are no blockages from their security system, you will need to contact Qualtrics to investigate the cause of the blockage and request the subsequent unblocking.

I look forward to any updates.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Annette MSV Do you have some logs of the sendout? How did you configure the custom from address? 

If you did with SMTP relay, check those hints: 

1. SMTP Server Details: Ensure that the SMTP server details (server name, port, username, and password) are correctly entered in the Qualtrics SMTP settings.

2. Firewall Settings: Check if the firewall settings of your organization's email server allow connections from Qualtrics. You might need to allowlist Qualtrics' IP addresses.

3. Email Address Authorization: Make sure that the email address you're using as the ‘From’ address is authorized to send emails through your organization's SMTP server.

4. SSL/TLS Settings: Check if the SSL/TLS settings in the Qualtrics SMTP settings match with your email server's requirements.

Additionally, you can check the information how to avoid being marked as spam

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/avoid-being-marked-as-spam/

Especially make sure that your IT has whitelisted the Qualtrics servers

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/getting-started-qualtrics/allowlisting-external-domains-for-qualtrics-use/

If this does not help, create a ticket for the Qualtrics support. They should be able to provide some so called “backlog file” which should contain information such as error codes. 

Best
Christian 

Leave a Reply