Solved

Embedded data - Quiz Score

• 7 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Level 1 ●
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I am having a lot of trouble with quiz scores. I have set ‘QuizScore’ as an embedded data element and also checked that I have assigned the correct values to each question in ‘scoring’. For some reason every time I test the quiz the score comes back wrong. There seems to be some questions that are not being allocated a score (for example if I know I should have gotten 15/15 correct but the Quiz score only shows as 12/15) even though I can see in the scoring page that they have been allocated a 1 for the correct answer. I am wanting to present the score at the end of the quiz to participants and have set up a text question that does so using the same script from the embedded data. what am I doing wrong???!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 12 February 2024, 05:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Lif,

Upon reviewing your question, it appears that there may be an issue with the scoring configuration, possibly due to missing some questions. Could you please provide more details about the scoring setup you've configured?

If you're unsure or need assistance, I recommend referring to the steps outlined in the link below to review and reconfigure the scoring:

Click here.

Badge +3

Hi @Sachin Nandikol ,

Thanks for your reply. I have attached some screenshots to show how I have set up the scoring. According to the steps outlined I think it is set up correctly, however as can be seen in the data output, sometimes the score is coming back as 0/15 and sometimes 30/15 even if all the questions have been answered identically.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Lif,

I've just configured 'Scoring' in my system and it seems to be functioning correctly.

Could you please share all the screenshots related to 'Scoring' and 'Score Options' that you have configured.

Thank you.

Badge +3

@Sachin Nandikol Sure, i have added screenshots above of the excel data output with scores showing, the point allocation and the script for piping the score into the quiz. Below is the survey flow with embedded data. Is there anything else that would help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Lif,

I've successfully configured 'Scoring' for a survey with 10 questions, similar to what you've described. The embedded variable I added is accurately collecting the scores and I haven't encountered any issues with exceeding the maximum score of 10.

If you're still experiencing difficulties, I recommend reaching out to the Qualtrics Support team for assistance. They should be able to provide more detailed guidance on resolving this issue. Here's the link to reach out to Support Team:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/

Leave a Reply