Is it possible to delete Distributions so that they don't appear in the Directory Funnel? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to delete Distributions so that they don't appear in the Directory Funnel?

• 31 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi! Is it possible to completely delete (test) distributions?

My problem is that I have a CX Dashboard with a Directory Funnel that pulls all the distributions done on my survey, not just the “real” ones. I have done 2 distributions to actual respondents, and many others for testing purposes. Now I'd like to filter out all these test, but the only way I can see is to filter out by Distribution ID. It would be easier if I could just delete the “test” distributions somewhere.

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 31 October 2023, 19:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I do all test distributions using a Test directory I created. I’m not aware of a way to delete  distributions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you go into the distribution tab of your survey project and click on personalized links, you can click the setting button and delete for that specfic distribution list. I’m not for sure if this will delete all their data though

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@JohannesCE Delete distribution only get rid of the link, it’s not gonna erase the historical mark. I hope you have a contact list of your own for only testing, then filter the result by ListID is way more easier. I have one testing list only on each of my directory for this purpose. Hope this tip helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@ash123 tried that. Unfortunatedly, like @dxconnamnguyen says, that gets rid of the link not the distribution as registerd in the directory. 

The best solution is to never use the directory with real respondents for testing. Too bad we didn't do this from the beginning. Will do so in future surveys.

Like @dxconnamnguyen says, filtering on the List ID works, or alternatively filtering out the unnecessary Distribution ID's, although it's not pretty.

Leave a Reply