Segments and Invite Automation | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

I’d like to check on the proper / smartest way to set up the following in Qualtrics: 

• I have contacts that get loaded into the directory via API (no normal file import possible, so contact list import automation is a no go)
  • I have different segments based on the embedded data field “survey_delivery”, for example everybody with “sample order” in the field survey_delivery is a segment
  • I want to run a daily automation that sends survey invites to every participant in this segment 35 days after they have been added to this segment
  • They should only receive the invite once - once they have received the invite after x amount of days they should transition out of the segment automatically 

What would in your experience be the smartest way to set this up? My worry is, that when we leave customers in the segment endlessly, they will receive a certain survey multiple times, even though they should only get it once. 

Thank you!

BR

Or alternatively, what would be the best way to “update” the embedded data field I am using to build the segment on to something like “done” after the survey has been filled out? Because that would remove th easiest way to remove them from the segment. 

@ManuF You could set up a custom contact frequency rule for the survey 🙂

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/directory-settings-tab/contact-frequency-rules/

Updating some embedded data or creating some transaction when the survey is started to use that for exlusion in the segment would not help in my opinion. That would only be executed for contacts that take the surveys. Contacts that never click the link would not execute and would therefore not be considered by your exclusion logic in the segment.

Therefore, I hope the exclusion rule works for you.

Leave a Reply