Unable to import contacts to a new list - ImportStatusCode 42 | XM Community
Question

Unable to import contacts to a new list - ImportStatusCode 42

• 23 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hey all,

I am currently trying to move a contact list from one directory to another but repeatedly failed because of “ImportStatusCode” = 42. 

What i’ve done is I exported the existing contact list as CSV from the old directory and tried to import it without changing anything in the CSV. When importing the CSV via “Add to contact list” and “Upload a file” I received the following information:

When looking into the Report, all i receive is the following information: 

• ImportStatus “failed”, ImportStatusCode “42”, ContactListContactStatus “Failed”, ContactListContactStatusCode “63

I looked into the explanation of the status codes on the official website, but unfortunately this does not help much. 

I tried the following to avoid the error without any success:

• disable identity resolution in Directory Settings
  • exporting CSV without Contact statistics
  • export TSV and import TSV

I hope that someone might have an idea what i could try next. 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Jannik

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @ottombo,

The error codes you're encountering, ‘ImportStatusCode 42’ and ‘ContactListContactStatusCode 63’, typically indicate that there's an issue with the contact data you're trying to import. Here's what these codes mean:

• ImportStatusCode 42: The contact wasn’t created; 
  • ContactListContactStatusCode 63: The contact wasn’t added to the mailing list;

Here are a few things you can check:

1. File Format: Ensure that your file is in the correct format (CSV or TSV) and that it's properly formatted. The file should contain an Email column, and any other required fields based on your directory settings.

2. Duplicate Contacts: Check if there are any duplicate contacts in your file. If your directory settings are set to prevent duplicates, this could be causing the issue.

3. Special Characters: Check if there are any special characters in your file that could be causing issues.

4. ContactID: If your file contains a ContactID column, make sure that these IDs don't already exist in the directory you're importing to. Qualtrics will not create new contacts if there is a ContactID column present, it will only update existing members.

If you've checked all these and the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Qualtrics Support for further assistance. They can help investigate the issue in more detail and provide specific guidance based on your account and setup.

Let me know if this helps.

Leave a Reply