Workflow to send email that included a BCC has stopped working | XM Community
Question

Workflow to send email that included a BCC has stopped working

• 4 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hello everyone,

I've had three assessments set up for a while now. After a test-taker passes the assessment, our workflow is supposed to send them a congratulatory email. Simultaneously, a blind carbon copy (BCC) email is sent to our team's mailbox to notify us of the successful test completion. This system has been working flawlessly for over a year. 

However, approximately two weeks ago, the notifications stopped arriving in our team mailbox. I conducted some tests and confirmed that the test-taker does receive the congratulatory email, but the BCC to our team mailbox is no longer functioning. Does anyone have any insights into why the BCC part of our email workflow has suddenly ceased to work? I'm quite puzzled by this situation. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

A very similar thing happened to me before. I ended up having to reach out to my company’s security team because they were blocking the Qualtrics workflow email address from reaching our inboxes all of a sudden. They had to update the security settings in order for us to be able to receive the workflow emails again.

Badge +5

Ash123 -- thanks so much.  I didn’t think of that because I have a feedback section at the end of my tests and the feedbacks are still be received just no assessments.  I’ll reach out and hope this fixes it.

Again thanks for taking the time to respond.  

Gail

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

In addition to what @ash123 said, make sure to also check whether or not Qualtrics has flagged your team email as undeliverable. It did this to several different email addresses in my organization in the past that were receiving workflows, then suddenly stopped, all without any warning to the Qualtrics users. I had to reach out to Qualtrics support to ask them to check; they had to unflag the addresses.

Leave a Reply