Can I set a contact frequency rule based on an embedded variable, like a claim number? | XM Community
Solved

Can I set a contact frequency rule based on an embedded variable, like a claim number?

• 27 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Problem: We send a transactional to clients that recently had an insurance claim close. Some claims get reopened, then closed again several months later. In this scenario, the client will get a survey twice for the same claim. We currently have a contact frequency rule that limits clients from receiving the same claim survey more than once in a year. However, if a client has multiple claims throughout the year, we only send a survey on the first one and miss out on feedback from the others. Is there a way to set a contact frequncy rule so a client would only receive ONE survey for a specific claim number?

Thanks,

Leslie

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 2 September 2021, 15:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Hi Lelowe_COUNTRY - I'm thinking through this as something that would involve both your site intercept and the survey. The intercept works using the site cookie--so you can't set embedded data in the site cookie for it to not serve the survey for the same claim.
I'm wondering if an approach could be that you pipe the claim number into each survey using embedded data (including populating a field) so that the customer sees that each survey is for a separate claim.
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I hope it would address the issue of seeking feedback for individual claims without overburdening the respondent.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I'm wondering if an approach could be that you pipe the claim number into each survey using embedded data (including populating a field) so that the customer sees that each survey is for a separate claim.

This is an interesting idea!!! I'm going to take this back to my team. Thanks!!!

Leave a Reply