How can I change the spacing on form elements and boxes? | XM Community
Solved

How can I change the spacing on form elements and boxes?

• 28 December 2018
  • 4 replies

I am using statements selected in a previous question within a form. When I try to resize the boxes manually, they revert on preview to single lines (seen below). I am also looking for a way to change the spacing of the statements themselves -- character length per line, spaces between statements -- so that they are easily to read.

!
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 28 December 2018, 17:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I'm not sure how to change the spacing for labels, but to permanently change the size of boxes:

1. Select "Click here to edit form fields"
2. In the drop down menu change from Short to Long or Essay

It will still look weird in the Survey Editor but when you preview your question it should look better.
Thanks for your note! I had completely missed that option ... way down below the long series of potential selections.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi Karen - I'm just curious if you ever found a solution to the issue with the label formatting? I'm experiencing the same problem.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I spent a bit of time looking, and found another post that solved the label formatting issue! Here's a link to the post: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2123/fitting-labels-into-one-line-in-text-entry-form-question

If you add a no break tag to the labels' html coding, it will keep the label all on one line:
<nobr> label</nobr>

Leave a Reply