🦇 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022 | XM Community

🦇 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022

🦇  Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between October 1 and October 31, will receive this badge worth 40 points.

Badge of the Month | October 2022

Question: What was your favorite spooky movie or TV show to watch in 2022? Alternatively, what was your favorite spooky book that you read in 2022? 
It’s officially spooky season! Do you love a good scare in the fall? Or, do you avoid all things scary? One of our favorite ways to celebrate Halloween and spooky season is to watch frightening movies and read scary books. We want to know about your favorite spooky books, movies, and TV shows, (even if they aren’t that frightening) from this year. Tell us all about your fall favorites so we can watch / read them and dive into the season!

108 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +27

I'm not a horror movie fan at all but have been roped into watching far more scary movies than I would've liked over the years (peer pressure is real)!
I don't have a favourite but from my experience, things are 25% les scary when you can watch it with a friend and laugh when something "scary" comes up that was actually kind of silly😂

Badge +5

This may be too much of a view into my psyche, but I get more scared of psychological thrillers than I do at horror movies. (Horror movies make me giggle!) Recently, I rewatched the entirety of Stranger Things (all seasons) and the first season was probably the scariest because of the unknown aspects of the Upside Down and what was happening to Will. But now that we know who the monsters are, it's less scary but no less entertaining!
To this day, I remember being most scared during the climactic scene in Silence of the Lambs where Starling is searching in the pitch black West Virginia basement for the killer. So well done.

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51196#Comment_51196Silence of the Lambs is such an incredible movie! Sometimes what you don't see, and what you are left thinking about, is infinitely more terrifying than what you see. I think the movie leah_moore mentioned, The Others, is a lot like that!

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

🎃🖤🎃🖤🎃 LOVE HALLOWEEN SEASON!!! 🎃🖤🎃🖤🎃
Been watching horror/Sci Fi all month long. Beetlejuice, Pumpkin head, Ghostbusters, Trick 'r Treat and of course Halloween (the original) are all classic for this time of year.
We are big Nightmare Before Christmas fans at our house and even got to visit Disneyland this year to check out the Haunted Mansion with a NBC takeover.
Here's a shot from in line...before getting on the ride :)
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 11.32.30 AM.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +22

I'm a big fan of paranormal/ghost shows! 👻 This year I've been especially into Ghost Brothers on Discovery+. There's also a reality show called We Bought a Funeral Home, which chronicles a family renovating their Victorian-era funeral home into a family home. ⚰️

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I dont know if my favorite movie fits as spooky, that is Harry Potter!!
I love the books and the movies!

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

I'm not a big fan of horror movie, but due to peer pressure we've seen this movie in the cinema. I work 4am shift and I had a hard time going to the office due to this reason. Never again will I watch horror movie that would torment me for life. ha ha ha

drag.jpg

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We've been watching Nightmare Before Christmas, Stranger Things 4 and Hocus Pocus 2. : )

Leave a Reply