Keyboard responses to questions | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am trying to implement a task where participants watch a quick video and then must make one of two keyboard responses to the video. I would like the page to auto-advance once this keyboard response is made. If possible, I would also like to record how long it takes to make a keyboard response following the completion of the video. Is there any Qualtrics feature or code I could use for this?

Can you be more specific on keyboard response, what’s that

@dxconnamnguyen, it means, for instance, pressing “A” on the keyboard if your answer to a question is “yes” or “B” on the keyboard if your answer is “no.” I would like to make two keyboard responses, each corresponding to a different multiple choice answer, for a question.

@V.E. So it might be like this. You go into the question block and timer start, video start to play. You want to map keyboard “A” and “B” with the advance button. Once it pressed, also record which one it is.

@dxconnamnguyen Thanks for the input! Would you be able to clarify how to map the keyboard responses with the advance button?

@V.E. 
Check out this thread, it might give you some idea
Keyboard responses not recorded as answers. | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Leave a Reply